Christina Kelly, has an extensive background in fashion. Working with top designers and brands, Kelly’s styles have been featured in GQ, Elle, and other leading publications.
With fall right around the corner, it’s time to start shopping for this year’s latest styles in outerwear. There is a lot of attention paid to tops, bottoms, shoes, and accessories, but what about the item that tops it all off? Don’t leave the house less than fully wardrobed for this fall without one (or more) of the trendiest pieces of outerwear for the year. N.Y. stylist and fashion consultant, Christina Kelly, discusses six outerwear trends for fall of 2016.
- Faux fur From fur trim and fur shrugs to full-length faux fur coats, this trend is one of the biggest outerwear trends of the year. While solids are classic, this year celebrates vibrancy and visual interest with unique patterns and bold colors. Faux fur in multi-color patterns and animal prints are sure to turn heads.
- Shearling In both long sweeping styles, as well as short coats, warm and cozy shearling style coats will be a major outwear trend this year, in both solids as well as patchwork.
- Oversized The oversized trend in many clothing articles this year is also on trend when it comes to outerwear. Puffy coats, shearling, toggle coats and more in bulky, oversized cuts and long sleeves will be seen on the streets this autumn and winter.
- Cropped peacoats Welcome the early fall days with a slightly less warm, but entirely fashionable boxy-cropped peacoat. This style works well with both casual denim as well as dresses and work wear.
- Camel leather Leather coats, and bags as well, in camel tones, are a classic look that is very trendy this year. One of the great benefits of this trend is it’s lasting power. Though extremely on fashionable in 2016, camel has a classic look that can be worn year after year.
- Trench coats This year we see a variety of cuts for trench coats, from traditional to some new twists on the timeless classic. The 2016 version of the trench coat varies from iconic beige in three-quarter and long lengths to brightest brights, patent leather, and patchwork leather.
Christina Kelly often gives her insights and thoughts regarding the fashion industry. She is currently a fashion and style consultant, working with a wide variety of high-end clients. Combining an innate business sense with fashion and style helps make Christina Kelly a true asset to her clients.