Christina Kelly, a public relations director, has an extensive background in fashion. Working with top designers and brands, Kelly’s styles have been featured in GQ, Elle, and other leading publications.
It may sound odd in concept, but it’s extremely stylish in reality. Women are starting to wear men’s clothes more often, and it looks great! Christina Kelly offers eight ways for women to wear men’s clothes:
- Oversized sweater: Men’s shirt sizes typically run larger than their female counterpart. Oversized men’s sweaters can be paired with leggings or knee-high boots for a comfortable, stylish look.
- Varsity jacket: Part of the current athleisure trend, varsity jackets can be worn with any outfit.
- Blazer/suit: Add heels to a blazer or suit for a professional appearance whether you’re going to the office or a night out on the town.
- Sunglasses: Men and women’s sunglasses slightly differ in style. Wearing men sunglasses instead of women’s is a subtle way to add men’s style into your daily outfit.
- Tie/bowtie: Although it may be hard to incorporate into your wardrobe, wearing a tie or bowtie can pull together the ultimate preppy or punk look when done properly.
- Denim jeans: Rather than wearing boyfriend cut jeans, go purchase your size jeans in the men’s department of your favorite store. Add heels and a crop top to create a stylish, casual outfit.
- Watch: Men’s watches are generally larger in size than watches for women. There are many brands to choose from that can be worn with any outfit.
- Plain white T-shirt: A plain white men’s T-shirt can work with any jacket, pair of pants, shoes, or accessories.
These are just eight of the very simple ways to incorporate men’s fashion into your wardrobe! How do you plan on wearing men’s clothes? How do you feel about this style?
Christina Kelly often gives her insights and thoughts regarding the fashion industry. She is currently a public relations and fashion consultant, working with a wide variety of high-end clients. Combining an innate business sense with fashion and style helps make Christina Kelly a true asset to her clients and business partners.