NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. — Christina DiMauro Kelly, the former public relations director for fashion designer Alberta Ferretti, knows a thing or two about viral fashion trends. From runway models in New York City to office fashionistas, the styles of 2015 have ranged from eye-catching accessories to subtle chic.
With Fall 2015 upon us, the runways have given us a sneak peek at what we should expect to be seeing a lot of in the upcoming season. Christina Kelly gives you the inside scoop on what to seek when you’re looking to pack your closet with some new autumn essentials.
1. Neck loop scarf. From cable knit to infinity, we’ve definitely seen our fair share of scarves intertwined into fall fashion. This year, the neck loop scarf has burst onto the scene and is making a statement. It can be used as an addition to your blouse or dress, or compliment you the same way a chunky piece of jewelry would. Either way, it will have you feeling warm, comfy, and cozy all day!
2. All grey everything. We’ve commonly seen all white and all black everything, but now the “groufit” is making headlines. This neutral and subdued shade is on trend for fall, and makes a softer statement than its black and white counterparts. Try mixing and matching different textures, shades, and lengths for a stunningly streamlined ensemble.
3. Flowy hemlines. Flowing headlines are popping up all over the runway in this year’s fashion. Use this technique to relax an otherwise super defined look. This bohemian-inspired hemline is contemporary and chic, so you really can’t go wrong by incorporating these flowing lines into your wardrobe!
4. High-waistlines. High-waisted pants have been a fashion essential for quite some time, and don’t show any signs of leaving anytime soon. This 70’s inspired style can be played up in so many different ways! Try pairing these form-fitting and streamlined trousers with a flouncy blouse to add subtle elements of romance.
5. Plaid. The plaid that was around in the 90’s was much less formal and much more grunge than what we have been used to in the past few years, and now it is back with a vengeance. Pair this classic pattern with a leather jacket and booties to add a little extra edginess and a lot of extra style to this rocker-chic look.
Christina Kelly has an extensive background in the business, fashion and real-estate worlds. She has helped close multimillion-dollar commercial and residential property deals in Manhattan, and has closed several high-end deals herself.
Kelly has worked closely with the Special Events Director—as well as the entire Special Events team—at the corporate headquarters of Ralph Lauren. She had the opportunity to work directly with Mr. Lauren, handling design, catering, seating arrangements and more.
Kelly was recently the Public Relations Director for designer Alberta Ferretti, owner and founder of Aeffe S.p. A., a fashion house located in midtown Manhattan. She worked closely with major publications such as Vogue, Glamour and Cosmopolitan. Additionally, she worked with buyers from high-end department stores including Neiman Marcus, Barney’s New York and Bergdorf Goodman.
Presently, Christina Kelly is a public relations and fashion consultant, working with a wide variety of high-end clients. Combining an innate business sense with fashion and style helps make Christina Kelly a true asset to her clients and business partners.