NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. — Christina DiMauro Kelly, the former public relations director for fashion designer Alberta Ferretti, knows a thing or two about viral fashion trends. From runway models in New York City to office fashionistas, the styles of 2015 have ranged from eye-catching accessories to subtle chic.
With Autumn right around the corner, good jackets are essential pieces that can bundle you up while making a fashion statement. A jacket completes and enhances every outfit, so having the right ones in your arsenal is crucial. Christina Kelly lists 5 jackets that every woman should have in her closet, what to wear them with, and when.
1. Trench. This classic coat is typically complete with a belt around the waist that cinches and flatters to create or enhance curves. This is the perfect jacket for the cooler months, because they come in both heavy and not-so-heavy material. You can get a heavier trench coat with a fur collar for the winter, or a khaki trench coat to tackle that crisp, autumn air. A trench always assures instant glamour and sophistication.
2. Peacoat. Peacoats have been around for decades, and have yet to show signs of going out of style anytime soon. They also span the seasons, working perfectly for fall and winter alike. This will be a frequent choice when heading out, because it works with casual and fancier outfits while being warm, comfortable, and trendy.
3. Leather. A classic leather bomber jacket is a must-have for every woman. It adds instant edginess to your outfit, and will have you looking flawless both day and night. Wear one during the day and make a perfect transition into nighttime just by changing up your accessories. These jackets will always be in style, so purchasing one is an investment you won’t regret.
4. Dressy. A knee-length jacket made of cashmere, silk, or wool is an essential to accompany all of your fanciest dresses and skirts. When dressing up for an event, you should have most practical coat to maintain the same elegance that exists underneath your outerwear.
5. Crazy. Every lady should have one impractical jacket that seems to “not make sense.” Whether it be a crazy print or a bold color, go for the coat that you love but may be unexpected – it will probably turn out to be your favorite jacket of them all!
Christina Kelly has an extensive background in the business, fashion and real-estate worlds. She has helped close multimillion-dollar commercial and residential property deals in Manhattan, and has closed several high-end deals herself.
Kelly has worked closely with the Special Events Director—as well as the entire Special Events team—at the corporate headquarters of Ralph Lauren. She had the opportunity to work directly with Mr. Lauren, handling design, catering, seating arrangements and more.
Kelly was recently the Public Relations Director for designer Alberta Ferretti, owner and founder of Aeffe S.p. A., a fashion house located in midtown Manhattan. She worked closely with major publications such as Vogue, Glamour and Cosmopolitan. Additionally, she worked with buyers from high-end department stores including Neiman Marcus, Barney’s New York and Bergdorf Goodman.
Presently, Christina Kelly is a public relations and fashion consultant, working with a wide variety of high-end clients. Combining an innate business sense with fashion and style helps make Christina Kelly a true asset to her clients and business partners.