Christina Kelly, has an extensive background in fashion. Working with top designers and brands, Kelly’s styles have been featured in GQ, Elle, and other leading publications.
We’ve all been there- standing in front of the mirror wondering, “Why can’t I find an outfit that I like?” Often it’s because we don’t always consider specific body types when shopping. The new lines launch, and we want everything we see in the window, but not all items look good on all body types. N.Y. stylist and fashion consultant, Christina Kelly, shares five fall and winter fashion trends will that flatter all body types.
- Fitted Blazers Fitted blazers can emulate an hour-glass shape due to the nipped waist and slight flare towards the bottom. Blazers that are fitted help to define the waistline and drape over the hips to compliment all body types. Whether creating curves and definition for slender bodies or adding definition to curvier shapes, fitted blazers flatter while also concealing potential problem areas.
- High waisted jeans High waisted denim is super-versatile in addressing a variety of fit issues. High waistlines can elongate your look, smooth out stomach areas, create the illusion of more curves, and of course, provide a comfort-fit that’s free from the worries of muffin-top. A variety of leg styles are available and on trend right now in high waisted denim such as skinny legs, straight cut, boyfriend cut, and flare legs. Pick a high waisted style that flatters your body type. For example, if hips are a problem area, select a wider cut on the bottom to create balance.
- Midi-skirts The midi-skirt is another hot trend that fortunately flatters most women. This reinvented classic is available in high waist and mid-rise cuts, slim or flared styles, and available in an array of flattering fabrications and trendy designs such as pleats and florals. The midi-skirt is a versatile piece that can be worn with casual as well as dressy looks. Whether worn with ballet flats on warmer autumn days or partnered with your favorite fall or winter boots, the midi-skirt wows and should be incorporated into your fall and winter wardrobe.
- Side-slit dresses and side-slit tops Side slit maxi-dresses and long tops show off some skin while also masking problem areas, such as the stomach and upper thighs. The double slits create the illusion of length, while fitted styles also accentuate all the right curves at the waist. Looser fits help to achieve comfort and a more voluminous look.
- Off the shoulder and cold-shoulder tops and dresses Off-shoulder and cold-shoulder looks draw the eye upwards and leave a tasteful amount of skin exposed, showing off your sexy side. It entices without giving away too much. This look is a flattering style for all body types, though if shoulders are a problem area and are wide in proportion to the rest of the body, a one-shoulder look is best. Regardless of bust size or body shape, off-shoulder, one-shoulder, or cold-shoulder looks can compliment.
Christina Kelly often gives her insights and thoughts regarding the fashion industry. She is currently a fashion and style consultant, working with a wide variety of high-end clients. Combining an innate business sense with fashion and style helps make Christina Kelly a true asset to her clients.