Christina Kelly, has an extensive background in fashion. Working with top designers and brands, Kelly’s styles have been featured in GQ, Elle, and other leading publications.
This fall’s accessory line-up is anything but ordinary. Spice up your autumn wardrobe with colors, styles, and fabrications inspired by some of the hottest trends of past decades, with a modern flare. From edgy to ornate, and from hair pins to boots, this year’s bold styles, will turn heads. Christina Kelly shares seven must-have accessories of 2016 for your fall wardrobe.
- Ornate pins and headpieces They are everywhere. Classic pins and broaches, as well as ornate hair pins and headpieces, create a charming look for night or day. This year’s styles celebrate romance, and these personal decorations deliver.
- Statement chokers Partner a bold statement choker with an off-the-shoulder, cold-shoulder, or one sleeve looks to make the piece pop. This trend has evolved from this year’s spring and summer chokers, with some added width and adorned with ornate details.
- Heirloom-inspired purses Fringe, tapestry, needlepoint, and bejeweled purses compliment this year’s boho, Victorian, prairie chic, and 60’s and 70’s inspired styles. Heirloom purses are perfect for day-time looks or a night out on the town.
- The “furse” Fur is on trend this year, in wraps, shoes, and coats, but it doesn’t end there. This autumn introduces the furse, a purse made of fur or faux fur. With unique patterns, colors and embellishments such as tassels, the furse is an eye-catching accessory that every woman should add to her bag collection.
- Velvet accessories Velvet is the fabric of the season. Punch up your wardrobe by adding in some velvet handbags, gloves, shoes or chokers. Wear them with a velvet outfit for this year’s popular head-to-toe velvet look or add them with other fabrications for a soft and romantic look.
- Ornate gloves Worn either with a wrap, coat, or dress, ornate gloves add a pop of interest to the outfit. This year’s gloves come in velvet, satin, cotton, or wool and come in both long and short styles.
- Towering platform shoes David Bowie inspired platform boots are this fall’s stand-out shoe. Look for these show stoppers in solids as well as bold patterns such as animal and floral prints. Towering platform boots, booties, and pumps, in an array of fabrications such as leather, patent leather, velvet, short-fur, and vinyl go with many of the hottest looks of the year. Partner this modernized blast from the past with wide-leg pants, mini-skirts long skirts, and dresses.
Christina Kelly often gives her insights and thoughts regarding the fashion industry. She is currently a fashion and style consultant, working with a wide variety of high-end clients. Combining an innate business sense with fashion and style helps make Christina Kelly a true asset to her clients.