Christina Kelly, has an extensive background in fashion. Working with top designers and brands, Kelly’s styles have been featured in GQ, Elle, and other leading publications.
The fashion trends for autumn of 2016 are about vibrancy, personality, and drama. With inspiration taken from multiple decades and options for a large variety of different tastes, all women can find the perfect outfit to highlight their unique style this season. N.Y. stylist and fashion consultant, Christina Kelly, discusses six autumn trends you’ll fall for.
- Go from day to night in dressed-up boho looks Large florals and embellished fabrics in long sweeping dresses go great with combat boots and a denim jacket by day, and when paired with heels, neckties and hair pins, transition into night. Vintage accessories pair perfectly with the dressed-up boho looks as do ornate accessories and embellished jackets and shoes.
- Make an impact in mini-skirt suits There will be no boredom in the boardroom with trendy mini-skirt suits in tweed plaids, and funky leathers partnered with satin blouses or even a turtleneck sweater. Inspired by 90’s styles, the mini-skirt suit is popular today in asymmetrical styles for the skirts and crop-style jackets.
- Keep warm while looking cool in modernized jean jackets Jean jackets have been a fall staple many times over the years. 2016’s take on the comfy and stylish trend varies from tuxedo cuts with coattails to sweeping trenches, as well as embroidery embellished, denim and lace pairings, and patchwork styles. Also watch for a trend mash-up with denim jackets with pleated bustles, taking a cue from this year’s Victorian trend.
- 2016 is the year of unique sleeves While many tops and dresses will utilize “standard” sleeves, there are a growing number of sleeve trends to be on the look-out for, to introduce in your fall 2016 wardrobe. Sleeves such as asymmetrical, one-shoulder, cold shoulder, balloon sleeves, and 80’s style large structured shoulders, are all hot on the runways and streets this autumn.
- It’s all about the ankle bootie Popular in brocade styles, leather, velvet, metallics, and floral patterns, ankle booties are the hot footwear item of the season. The 2016 version of the ankle bootie ranges from lace up leather with a kitten heel, to ornate embellishments and uniquely styled heel shapes.
- Vibrant and rich velvet is the fabric of the season Velvet is the fabrication of the fall of 2016. In pantsuits, coats, long skirts, blouses, and even shoes and accessories, rich velvet reigns. Deep rich autumn colors such as pumpkin spice, navy blue, burgundy, and emerald green are in high demand, as are brights such as blush pink, yellow, and violet.
Christina Kelly often gives her insights and thoughts regarding the fashion industry. She is currently a fashion and style consultant, working with a wide variety of high-end clients. Combining an innate business sense with fashion and style helps make Christina Kelly a true asset to her clients.